You went to your friend’s house and saw his new remote garage door opening system that he recently installed. You liked it. You want to get it too, but you aren’t sure if it would be right for you.
Well, fret not. Here, we give you a low-down on all the pros and cons of a keyless garage door to help you make an informed decision.
- You won’t lose your keys anymore: We’re all forgetful when it comes to keeping keys. With a keyless garage door, you will have one less thing to worry about. As long as you remember your passcode, you’re good.
- Enhanced security: Keyless doors give burglars a hard time. They cannot be hacked easily, and you can change the security code and regular times to ensure continued security.
- Temporary codes: With keyless doors, you can assign temporary codes. For example, you have a guest coming over, and you do not want to share your usual passcode with them. Just set a temporary code, which you can easily change later.
- Wireless control: You no longer have to worry about installing countless wires. Just install it someplace in the garage you find convenient. And as long as you are within the wireless range, the garage door will open or close every time you enter the passcode.
- Access to multiple people: You can share the access code with several people — your family members, the delivery guy, an unexpected guest who has come to visit you while you’re still at work. This way, you can ensure that no one is left stranded outside or has to wait for the keys in your absence.
Though there are many benefits of having a keyless garage door, they come with their fair share of disadvantages too. Here, we list the top three.
- You need to remember the passcode: If you have trouble remembering numbers, a keyless system may not be your best option. You also need to change the security code frequently so that no one can hack it easily. But as the keypad gets old, you may have trouble seeing the numbers, making it difficult to change the code.
- Power failure: Keyless garage doors need electricity to work. Therefore, you won’t be able to access your garage in situations of a power outage. In such cases, you may feel find a manual lock more convenient.
- Cost: Keyless lock systems are costlier when compared to manual locks. If budget is a constraint, you may want to think again.
Do you want to install a keyless garage door?
If yes, you don’t need to look any further. At Unique Garage Door Services, we install all types of garage doors and repair them. Located in Fort Lauderdale, we are committed to servicing you promptly and for the most affordable price. Our technicians are experts in repairing, maintaining and installing all varieties of residential garage doors. You can call us at (954) 703-4054 to know more.