We all have a certain feeling of security in our households; the ability to separate ourselves from the unpredictable nature of the outside world helps us relax and feel safe. But what if your home was not entirely reliable, what if there was a natural access point that you have not given consideration to when securing your home’s access points? This is the case for many people as they overlook their garage door. This opening, without the proper preventative measures taken, can be an easy access point into your house from those looking to steal from or harm you. But all is not lost, here are some great tips to help change your garage from your home’s weak-point to another protected location intruders will find as difficult to get through.
- Make sure to remove your garage door opener from your car.
- Stop using a remote that you clip to your visor, and get a remote garage door opener that can go on your keychain.
- Secure your garage door’s emergency release
- Put a deadbolt on it that connects to your house.
- Double check and make sure it is closed, even if you are home. This only invites others to wantto more easily steal from you.
- Make sure your garage door is secure and sturdy.
- Have a wide-angle peephole installed on the door between your garage door and your house. This will allow you to see what is occurring in your garage.
- Frost or cover your garage windows. This will prevent thieves from being able to look in at your property, and give them ideas if your house has anything they want.
- Padlock the throw latch on your garage door when you’re out of town.
- Do not neglect maintenance on the mechanical parts of your roll-up garage door and watch out for corrosion.
Unique Garage Door Services
Unique garage doors and gates have been helping people with garage door maintenance for several years. In that time, we’ve worked with big businesses and small family homes. If you would like to learn more about our services and rates, give us a call today at (954) 703-4054